Monday, January 3, 2011

Life-

Hello everyone,

Life is so very busy. The holiday break was a breath of fresh air, a break from reality. I have three work trips coming up, the first one is a short two weeks, the next is a month long Air Force School, the last is a four month deployment...
I've pushed through some busy times with no problems before but this time I'm also studying to make rank. I would appreciate everyone's prayers I test on February 8th.

Thank you for letting me vent and whine.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Miss Mikel Onion Brabham!
    I have a bunch of material I need to study. When I jump in my truck I have the audio books and when I get home I read my other six books. When I'm really bored I do school work...Ha
    I make it to the gym at 5am before work.

    Thanks again it means a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Describe your experience. (Did you find it beneficial? Difficult?) Why or Why not? Would you recommend this to others? Why or Why not?
    I found it rather difficult to concentrate through the whole thing. Starting out relaxation is my initial thoughts but quickly disappear. I would recommend this relaxation exercise to others. I suggest trying it multiple times in different settings like lying on your bed, sitting on your couch ect...
    2. What is the concept of “Mental Workout? What does the research indicate are the proven benefits of a Mental Work Out? How can you implement mental workouts to foster your psychological health?
    The Loving-Kindness exercise is a workout I'm not used to. The concept suggests to start off with short mental workout sessions just like any physical workout. The benefits of these relaxation and focus workouts build mental stability and strength. Being able to implement into your everyday life will keep you calm and focused.
    3. Participate in the Blogs of at least two other students. Provide them with feedback on their experiences. (Do you have any suggestions or support for them? How does their experience(s) compare to your experience(s)? What have you learned from their blog?)
    I have learned that most experiences I have read about are the same as mine. Mental fitness isn't easy for everyone, practice helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are right about trying this exercise in different settings. And I do agree that it may take a few times to actually get comfortable with it.

    Mental fitness is something new for me. Is this concept new to you? This is much different than stress management or complementary/alternative medicine, which I find interesting as well. What I really like about mental fitness and the study of integral health is that we actually grow and become better human beings.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete