1. Complete the "Meeting Asciepius" exercise on track #4 of the Dacher CD. Describe your meditative practice(s) for the week and discuss the experience. Explain how mindfulness or meditation has fostered an increase in your psychological or spiritual wellness. How can you continue to apply these practices in your life to foster greater health and wellness?
That was some heavy stuff and bit too long. I guess my underdeveloped mind was not ready for such an exercise. I pictured my Father and my mind wandered with all our experiences. The beams of light threw me off. I was calm and could hear his voice. I pictured us biking, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, and hunting. He is a quiet and calm man that I wouldn’t mind being just like. The idea to become or take in his wisdom with a beam of light got my mind wandering away from my focal point. I will have to try this exercise many times I feel to focus all the way through.
I can now calm my mind rather quickly. Like Dacher said at the end of the CD, meditation will take time to become efficient and focus our inner being. My psychological wellness has taken huge leaps in the past few weeks. Practice and determination is all we need. Eventually I will have a witnessing-mind which I feel will be step one accomplished for me.
2. Describe the saying: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself” (P.477) How does this apply to the health and wellness professional? Do you have an obligation to your clients to be developing your health psychologically, physically, and spiritually? Why or why not? How can you implement psychological and spiritual growth in your personal life?
Practice what you preach. The idea of a client being a tarnished jewel is a great example. If we know what the end result should be, the path to get there will be much clearer. I think we do have an obligation to strive for human flourishing. Practicing integral health ourselves will improve our teachings and make them more personal. Implementing wellness into our life might be contagious. Radiating a positive attitude is never a bad thing. People look up to optimism as a good quality. Suggesting methods of meditation or stress relief or even being a good listener can add to everyone’s wellness.
Reference
Amorok, T., Micozzi, M., Schlitz, M. (2005). Consciousness & Healing: Integral Approaches to
Mind-Body Medicine. Elsevier Inc. St Louis, Missouri
Elliott, S., Dacher, M.D. (2006). Integral Health: The Path to Human Flourishing. Basic Health
Publications, Inc.
No comments:
Post a Comment